Do You Want More Visitors To Your Website? Then You Must Learn Search Engine Optimization How To. We Give Over Ten Key Principles To Learning SEO How To.
What Is Search Engine Optimization? Why Is It Important?
Before we get into the “How To Of Search Engine Optimization”, let’s define what SEO is.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of creating and linking website content together so search engines can crawl it intelligently and build indexes by key words. The owner of a website is responsible for the creation of keyword content and website page linking. The SEO crawlers are responsible to identify the keywords and understand the link structure and index it for easy retrieval when a search request is made.
Both parties play a key role is giving web surfers what they are looking for. To be effective and helpful the website owner must know his topic well and present it with factual information and in an easy to understand manner. The crawlers must index the information accurately and by its factual usefulness. Neither the website owner nor the crawler wants the reputation of being substandard.
If you, as a web-site owner, feel you are not getting treated objectively by the crawler, maybe your content or your link strategy is not as good as a competitors. The spiders (crawlers) are highly developed and can identify word stuffing, plagiarism, and off the topic linking.
Why Search Engine Optimization How To?
Everyone who owns a web-site wants more traffic known as organic visitors. But the challenge is how to do it. We have long been told the dos and don’ts of SEO, but have the means of ranking in the SERPs (Search Engine Results) changed? In some ways we believe how the search engines rank websites has changed; yet on the other hand the basics still apply.
What Are The Basics For Learning Search Engine Optimization?
- Stick to the purpose for its existence. Know your keyword(s) and provide pages to support them.
- Be thorough in covering the topic. The web visitor and spiders will love it. This is how domain authority is achieved.
- Be an expert. Know the topic. Do research and experience the subject.
- Help people. Answer their questions. Provide solutions for their problems.
- Be unique. Do something different from others so your website serves a purpose. Make visitors want to come back as well as share their findings with others.
- Be organized. Make it easy to navigate.
The Page, Post And Blog
The basics for page or post SEO is keyword focused. The keyword should be included in the page or post title, the SEO plugin description, the paragraphs and page introduction and summary. Caution must be used however that the keyword is not used too much which the crawler calls keyword stuffing. A density of 2 or 3 percentage usage is sufficient.
The Page Title
The title informs crawlers and readers what the content is about. A good title should consider the following characteristics.
- Include the keyword
- Be explanatory and inviting
- Use under 60 characters and spaces
- Be something surfers are looking for if organic traffic is desired
- Solve a problem or answer a question
The Page SEO Title Tag
The page SEO title tag is what appears under the page title when displayed in search results. It is best to use a SEO plugin so the author chooses what it will say. Usually the spiders will use what is written; however sometimes something different may appear in search results because of how the content is presented. A good page SEO title tag includes the following features.
- Descriptive of the blog content
- Creative and enticing so web surfers choose to read it above other search results presented
- Solves a problem or answers a question
- Filled with helpful, informative information
The Introduction And Conclusion
A good introduction captivates the reader’s attention and causes them to want to read the entire content. The conclusion helps the reader to organize and remember what was read.
Keeping the reader on the page to read the entire content is an art. The following characteristics will go a long way in achieving this.
- Stick to the topic. Know your keyword and write to support it
- Make the page content rich. Present comprehensive information. Make it worth a visitor’s time to read your material. Use images to illustrate your subject
- Address something surfers are interested in. Identify a problem and discuss a solution. Keep a visitor informed of recent developments
- Be unique. Add new ways of approaching a topic
- Be organized. Keep the thought process flowing naturally.
What Is New With Learn Search Engine Optimization How To?
The scope of SEO has expanded with the introduction of mobile viewing devices. The site owner is also responsible to present information that is responsive, easy to navigate, fast responding and visitor data protection. Spiders are responsible to give the surfer a good experience – one that gives fast search results, is view able by multiple devices and is safe from hackers.
Responsive means the site can be viewed from any sized viewing device with a full sized screen in view. Nothing is more frustrating than trying to view a site on a mobile device when the right side is not view able or the device scroll button has to be used. Website visitors will not tolerate this; therefore the web-site owner must address the situation. The view port and media query statements are used in theme headers determine how a site’s viewing will be sized.
The best view able sites are those that use themes designed for mobile first. Mobile device usage is growing by leaps and bounds. Search Engines test each site for responsiveness and those that meet the test are given priority.
Navigation determines how easy it is for a surfer can move from page to page. Without thoughtful, easy navigation, viewers do not stay long. Here is what Navigation friendly means.
- Multiple navigation menus exist; preferably at the very top, under the header and one in the footer
- Sticky navigation is present. This means the navigation menu remains at the top of the viewing page while scrolling
- Drop down menus exist so they do not cover or clutter the page. Using a carrot arrow for drop down items is ideal
- Mega menus are present to eliminate the frustration of trying to view drop down items on a small screen
- Men item descriptions represent the content to be viewed
- Menus closely resembles what the competition uses. Familiarity breeds comfort.
Speed is the rate at which a surfer can access the site when clicking on the search results. We live in a fast paced society so a slow responding website will not get and retain traffic. Meeting the speed requirement is challenging because not all parts of the world offer the same internet speed, not all devices have the same internal speed and all design themes do not load the same.
The fastest themes are those which utilize the following activities.
- Calls to CSS styling, java script and html are appropriately paced
- Minification is performed for CSS styling, Java Script and Html
- Integration with the data base is optimized
- Need for additional plug-ins is limited
Visitor Data Protection
Hackers continue to find new ways to invade visitor data privacy. Protection is required by website owners. The search engines check for the presence of data encryption. Website hosting providers are responsible to provide this protection for websites they host.
Tools To Aid The Objective: Learn Search Engine Optimization How To
Fortunately there are many tools available to aid in the task of SEO. I will not list all of the tools available; however I will list my favorites. At the end of this blog, let me know what your favorites are and why.
Some of my favorite tools include the following.
- SeoSiteAnalysis to check overall site health
- SeoCentro to analyze page seo
- Jaaxy to perform keyword research
Putting into practice the guidelines on Learn Search Engine Optimization How To is rewarding. It improves website presence on the internet, keep visitors on the site pages longer, gives visitors a pleasant smile, brings back repeating visitors, gives the website higher rankings in search results and gives you the satisfaction of achieving something significant.
We hope you find the above information helpful. Let us know if you have questions. And please share this with friends.
Cheers To Your Happy And Productive SEOing!